After the birthday surprises I was feeling a tad bit spoiled. Well, it didn't end... I woke up Saturday morning to a yummy breakfast made by my sweet family. They also showered me with gifts including a bunch of my most favorite Ryan paintings. Each person gave me a special painting of Ryan's and told me why they chose it for me. They all had me in tears and I had to ask my sister later exactly what everyone said so I could remember it. I can't even explain how much it means to me to have those paintings in my home. And even more special to have them specifically selected by those I love. Mom & Dad B., Mom and Dad C., Ronnie, Kellee, Robb, Rosa, Jamie, Laurel, Madison, Beckham, and Ryan, thank you!
I am still working on a special location to display them, I stare at them constantly so it needs to be a good spot! .JPG)

.JPG)
After a lazy morning we rounded up the troops, piled into the cars, and away we went to Sequim. I was excited to get out and explore with my new camera. Ronnie put the icing on the cake with that one. Hopefully I will continue to learn the ins and outs of Mr. Canon and my pictures will improve! Right now I am just trying to figure out how to take pictures without my forearms being sore the next day! Sequim proved to be a perfectly beautiful place to take a few shots. Is it bad that by the end of the day I was already talking about new lenses and editing software?
Beckham always enjoys the ferry ride 
When we got across the water, we picnicked by the beach and then headed to the animal park. You can drive through the park and feed the animals bread. They come right up to your car, sometimes they try to get inside! It was quite the experience. We saw Elliot the one antlered deer and Tina the Llama. "Tina...come get some DINNER!... Tina, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD!"

The whole gang.JPG)
Beckham made friends with the chickens while Madison took over 70 pictures of them on my sister's camera. Like mother like daughter!
.JPG)
Next we went to the beach to play and explore the dungeness spit. It reaches out 5 miles into the Strait of Juan De Fuca with a lighthouse at the end. Some day we want to go back and actually make it to the end!
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
After dinner and a long ride home I think the troops were worn out. Most of them left the next day but Jamie stuck around to see a few more sights. We took her into Seattle to explore. She had never been before so we went to all the hot spots.
.JPG)
She was able to catch a fish at Pike's, it was amazing! I am not sure what it is about my guests but they always seem to end up behind the counter getting fish tossed to them by men in orange overalls. I really thought Jamie dropped it but she came up with the tail at the last moment. It was perfect. All in the fingers, right Jame?
.JPG)
.JPG)
We then went to Ballard Locks. Ronnie and I hadn't been yet either so it was an adventure for all. I was amazed by the simple process of floating the boats up and down to gain access to Lake Washington or the Puget Sound. The Locks help the boats travel from the 22 feet above sea level of the Lake down to the Sound and vice versa. They also help keep the salt water of the Sound out of the fresh water lake. It was pretty amazing. The kids loved watching them pack the boats in and then sound the alarm so people would stay clear of the moving bridges. The weather was amazing, I think we could have stayed there all day!
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
What a whirl wind weekend. Obviously I haven't quite gotten over it since I am still working on posting these pictures. Words just don't even begin to explain how I feel. All I know is I am so grateful for such a loving husband, amazing family, and wonderful friends. What more could a girl ask for? So spoiled this one!
5 comments:
Look at you! Miss snap here and snap there. Snap over there, too.
I am loving the blog posts.
love you and the fam
THE Tina the Llama? As in Napolean Dynamite? How fun!
Beckham looks so much like Maddie! We can't wait to see you next month.
It was so fun to relive that weekend again! So many great memories, thanks so much for being such great hosts and letting me be a part of your special day! Love and miss you!!!
The fun never ends! I love all the pics. Very nice camera! Glad you're putting it to good use.
Post a Comment