Easter Events
3 egg hunts
13 eggs dyed
48 eggs filled with candy
2 baskets filled with fun
1 lost tooth
dinner for 28
40 cake pops
buckets of candy
a few hundred reminders that the reason we celebrate Easter is because of the resurrection of Jesus and not the Easter Bunny!
1 tired mom!
Easter isn't just one day anymore. There are eggs to be dyed (or filled if of the plastic variety), hunted, and eaten. There are baskets to fill and find. There are treats to make and lessons to prepare. Outfits to put together and model. There is dinner to prepare and consume. And most importantly, stories to tell and lessons to learn about a most amazing atonement and resurrection of our Savior.
Dying eggs for FHE
.jpg)
.jpg)
Saturday Madison bit into an apple and lost her other front tooth (which wasn't really ready to come out yet- ouch!) That evening as we put her tooth under her pillow she said, "I wonder if the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny will meet each other?" Well, sure enough, they did. The Fairy helped the Bunny hide one of the eggs in the bathroom by Madison's toothbrush. What a lucky day it was on Sunday when she woke up to a silver dollar under her pillow AND a basket filled with goodies.
Gotta love hunting for eggs in your rain boots! Only in Seattle!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Ronnie helped me pull these little babies off! Aren't they cute? I got the idea from Bakerella. They were fun to do but they took FOREVER to decorate! The kids loved them though!
.jpg)
.jpg)
This is the first year that we haven't spent Easter with family. I was a bit nervous and a little sad. But, we made up for it big time by having wonderful friends whom we consider family over for dinner. Lots of yummy food was made, the chairs were all occupied, and the Spirit filled our home. We chatted, played, and experienced a thoughtful Easter message (thanks Chris) that was enjoyed by kids and adults alike. I won't lie, I was nervous to have so many people over at one time for a sit-down dinner. Do I have enough plates? Do I have a big enough ham? Is the house clean enough? But things fell into place, wonderful friends pitched in and the evening went splendidly. I can't even explain how great it felt to be surrounded by such amazing friends. (following pictures courtesy of Matt- thank you!)




4 comments:
Loved your Easter summary! And a good point--Easter is demanding for being such a sweet and spiritual holiday. :) Thank YOU for making our Easter great! Oh, and how fun that the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy met. What are the chances?! :)
Such cute pics! Loved the rainboots with pj's combo! Thanks for being such wonderful hosts!
And pretty cool that the Easter bunny and Tooth Fairy met, I will have to ask Maddy about it tomorrow when I pick her up! :)
Your kids are so adorable and you always do such fun things.
I am so proud of you for making cake pops! I've been wanting to try them for a while but havent found the courage yet... You did a great job!
Post a Comment