Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hot Stock Tip!

Ya ya ya, Easter is long over. So is a trip to the zoo, the tulip festival, reptile museum, the beach, Mother's Day, and a raging 30th birthday party for yours truly! I admit I am behind but, not without good excuse of course! I will get to all the fun soon but first, here is what has been keeping me occupied...

Let's just say I have an investing tip for you all. Buy up stock in Procter and Gamble, cause it's goin' up. I am single-handedly supporting this fine company with my purchases of the Magic Eraser. And I am NOT happy about it!
These are just a few shots from the many daily messes I have been cleaning

The lotion incident- all over couch, carpet, chair, trunk, TV, and boy
The plant hazard- this happens often; boy gets bar stool, boy pulls bar stool over to counter, boy climbs up on counter, boy retrieves large cup, boy takes cup to mom's new plant and scoops dirt all over the floor and self. The juice incident- boy figures out how to open fridge, finds 2 (not one, TWO) pitchers of juice and proceeds to dump both out all over the floor. But, not without walking as close to the carpet as possible as to leak off hard wood into carpet. (And we rarely have 1 let alone 2 pitchers of juice in the fridge, just this time of course!) One of the many marker incidents. Boy loves to find markers, pens, pencils; whatever writing utensil his sister has left out and proceed to run up and down the huge hall coloring on the walls. This time mom was on the phone looking something up on the computer and left him alone for a whole 6 min (GASP!) so he continued to color on the doors, cabinets, dad's lap top, and floor.

I kid you not, I feel like all I do is clean up after this boy. He knows when I am distracted and he is FAST! I promise I keep an eye on him but really, I do have to answer the phone or go to the bathroom from time to time. It's pretty bad, I have gone without a shower before in fear of what he might do while I am in there. Our house is like a stinkin' fortress too. There are locks, bungee cords, rope, and gates everywhere. I am about to give up! And this isn't all of it! Not pictured; the other three marker vs. wall incidents, the kitchen flood of '09, painting with condiments, the list goes on. I feel like I have to follow him everywhere. This makes it difficult to get much done. The other day I was SO frustrated with him that I almost took his car seat out of the car and buckled him in it in front of the TV. I never actually did it but I sure did fantasize about it! And do you know what the worst part of it is? He does all of this with such a sweet little smile on his cute little face. And to top it all off, he ALWAYS asks me, "mommy happy?" When I tell him no he then sweetly says, "I sody mommy... now you happy?" Seriously, how could you say no?
And just FYI, he woke up from his nap as I was finishing this post. It took me about 45. min to finish the last paragraph because he 1- climbed on the counter and tried to get himself water 2- found the lotion up in one of the cupboards and decided his feet were dry 3- after I bungee corded the stools together he went to his good ol default of pestering his sister as she trys to read. He is currently in time out... AGAIN!

14 comments:

K said...

Poor Jodee! I have so been there and I'm sorry. We finally threw out ALL of our markers for fear of Andrew's next beautiful drawing in an inappropriate spot. Good luck. He will outgrow most of the mischievousness soon!

linda said...

Oh Bex. We love you Jodee!

Carson Calderwood said...

Gotta love locked doors. We unfortunately have found that the more we lock the happier we are!

Michael Family said...

Holy cow, give that boy a tranquilizer! I am so sorry.

Matthias said...

Hey Jodee, thanks for las felicidades, it is good to be done. I am not sure if I have been on your page here before or not, but your family is lovely. You probably already gleaned this from Andrea's blog but our youngest is also Beckham (maybe we have already discussed this and I am simply forgetful) The two Becks are fairly close in age, our little guy just turned three on May 10th. Furthermore they both have the same killer haircut. Cute little guys. I hope you are doing very well, it certainly looks that way! Take care.

Christine said...

ohhh! I feel your pain. We just threw out all of our markers, glitter glue, gum, and many more items that were too tempting for Noah and Nick - I just couldn't take it anymore. I am also trying to find a fridge lock that will work on our fridge....I have had juice/milk EVERYWHERE too. You know, that car seat in front of the TV - not such a bad idea :-) Good luck!!

jhoopes said...

Oh my goodness! This one made me laugh, but in a "I-feel-so-bad-for-you-but-Bex-is-such-a-sweetie in-a-rebellious-sort-of-way-and-how-can-you-not-forgive-him-when-he-asks-mommy-happy" kind of way.

Anonymous said...

I wonder why there is a pet fee/deposit for when you rent a home or stay at a hotel? I'll never understand it.

I hope you guys are doing well! Any fun trips for this summer for you?

Melanie said...

Too funny! Beckham is such a cute little character! Here's one for you...Christian colored on the toilet seat...yuck!

Alisha said...

I don't know what you are talking about. This boy is an angel in nursery!

Elisa said...

Wow, I'm exhausted after reading that post. How do you do it? If it's any consolation, Doug was like that when he was little too. His family affectionately refers to him as "tank" and "earthquake" to this day and when his siblings children are being extra mischevious they are called little Dougies. Beckham will eventually grow out of it but in the meantime, make sure you get lots of alone time (with a very attentive babysitter of course).

Anna said...

Just like Elisa, I'm tired just reading that!

Anna said...

Maybe it's because we're having a boy this time, and his namesake was extreamly ACTIVE ( walked at 7 months!), and I'm a tad nervous, but have been thinking abou this post of yours quite a bit. Have you tried having him "help" you clean up the messes? Also, maybe helping him find more constructive sources for all that energy. Does he have an eaesl? Ikea sells them for $20. Or maybe tub crayons?Maybe getting outside more, he can't destroy the house if you aren't at home. Also, have you tried praying about it? Understanding the reasons why he does what he does will help you find the solution. Hope that helps, and good luck!

Janessa said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading about that boy! You are one patient mother. I think I would have resorted the car seat in front of the TV long ago. He is just so darn cute...lucky for him!