Friday, March 25, 2011

Vegas- the good and the bad. Scenes from the iphone

I love my phone and think it does a pretty great job of taking pictures.
Good thing I had it because I only pulled out my real camera once, at the game.  So enjoy our trip to Vegas via phone pics... and a few others.

My parents came up to stay with Madison and Beckham while we were in Vegas for the MWC tournament.  
That was great!
Our flight left at 6am which meant my dad had to take us to the airport at 4am!  
Not so great!
We made it to our gate on time and were even able to get some breakfast.
That was good.
We saw this guy at our gate,  he was ready for some serious gambling.  I had fun trying to take a pic of him without him knowing but I think Ronnie was worried I was going to get caught and make him mad.
That wouldn't have been good.
 Our flight was smooth and Grace was amazing!  Especially for being woken up at 4am.
Great!
We walked off the plane and immediately saw these.
I'll let you decide if that was good or bad;)
 We ditched our bags at Ronnie's cousins house, said hello, and headed down to Henderson to see my aunt and uncle.  I haven't seen them in so long and they had never met Grace.  It was so wonderful to get to chat with them and catch up.
They took us to Lucilles bar-b-q- that was Fantastic!  Even our little Grace Lucille loved it!
 While eating lunch, I noticed that the diamond in my ring had fallen out.  We tried to look for it but really, it could be anywhere.  I was sick about it.  
That was NOT good.

 Ronnie took off for the Friday night game where he got to see The Jimmer score 52 crazy points and beat New Mexico! 
That was amazing!  
He had a great time at the game and wasn't even fazed by this guy sitting next to him.  Lets just say he wasn't a BYU fan-- that's not good.
 While Ronnie was at the game, I got to chat with my aunt and uncle a bit more and then go see my friend Liz and her two adorable boys.-- That was great!
She introduced me to Yogurt Land- SO GOOD!
We only got to hang out for a few hours- not so good.

Her oldest, Max, is Beckhams first friend.   They are the same age and were cute little buddies when we lived in San Francisco.  They moved to Vegas just after we moved up to Washington.  Max was sad that Beckham didn't come see him too-- that was not so good.
They were SO cute together!
 Saturday Ronnie and I got to go to the game with his cousin Kent and his wife Becca.  They also lived in San Francisco while we were out there and we have missed seeing them so much!  
We got there early and walked around getting pumped up for a great game!
We thought that was good.

We met up with Chris and he got to meet Gracie- great!
But during the game things started to be not so good.  Becca was getting sad and said she needed to hold Grace to help her feel happy.
Even Gracie started to feel for the team.  She was a little sad and that was not so good.
 The half time show wasn't so good either.  I usually love the Cougarettes but not so much this time...
By the end of the game-- it wasn't good at all.
 But the Sunset was amazing!  That was good.
We sat in the parking lot for a long time trying to get out-- not good.
Kent "rubbed" the car next to us pulling out of the space.  That could have been bad, but it ended up being pretty funny... for the rest of the night.
And then we went out to In-N-Out Burger and Yogurt Land to cheer us up.  
That was good.
We even left all the kids with a sitter and headed out to the strip to see Mystere by Cirque du Soleil.  That was great!
Sunday was relaxing.  We hung out with Ronnie's cousins, played with the kids, and went to church.  That was nice.
We had another 6am flight on Monday-- not good.
The weather in Vegas was amazing all weekend!  This is what it looked like when we took off to go home-- SO GOOD!
And this is what it looked like when we landed-- not so good.

 Grace was so pleasant the entire trip.  She is such a good baby.  And that is great!
 And guess who was on our flight home?  I don't think he changed his clothes all weekend long-- not good dude, not good.

There you have it.  The good, the bad, and the ugly from our trip to vegas.
Thanks for playin'!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

I lost the diamond in my ring a few years back!! I feel terrible for you. Thank goodness for insurance.

foreveryoung said...

I am cracking up, that guy...the die hard gambling look, the same clothes...ahhhh! Such a great post, even though they lost it sounds like a fun weekend to me!

Janessa said...

What a great weekend get away (in spite of BYU's loss). Glad you got lots of other good stuff out of the trip and that Grace was such an angel for you. What ever became of the diamond? Gone forever? So sad! Good excuse to up grade on a new one:) Somebody in Vegas will score big when they come across your missing diamond.

Melanie said...

That was such a fun post! That dude on both your flights...it is still cracking me up!

I think my boys (that includes Brandon:) would see the Star Wars slot machines as 'good.'

Melanie said...

Oh, and I am so sorry about your ring. That super duper stinks. Did you ever find it?

Nanette said...

Hey! That's my dad!

Nanette said...

Just kidding ;)

I LOVE yogurt land!!
we need one here