Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy 4th of July

This year we started our 4th of July celebration downtown at our local festival. We went in the morning to enjoy the walk-a-thon...er...uh...parade? It really wasn't much of a parade, I think the biggest (and only) float was a tractor and the largest groups were the three local co-op preschools. Good thing they all threw candy, Madison was thoroughly entertained with that. She got pretty good at darting in between feet to get to the treasure; near the end she even beat a few of the older boys who sat beside us! That's my girl! After the parade we walked over to the bouncy houses and pony rides to wait in line all day. We had enough of that and ended up at a local Chinese restaurant eating parade candy and moo goo gai pan. After our well balanced meal we were looking forward to a relaxing evening with the Calderwoods and some better grub! They didn't disappoint!

Madison and Caeden enjoying the show
Madison and Marisa's sister "Miss Hillary"I think Bex takes after his momma, he preferred watching from the car
I just don't understand why it is so fun to hold a flaming stick that shoots sparks up your armIn Issaquah it is illegal to do fireworks. This isn't new to us coming from California, we couldn't there either. That is OK with me, I have never been a big fireworks fan; I love to watch them from far away, but don't ask me to hold a sparkler. Anyway, I think all the people who want to do fireworks just go down to Maple Valley. I can't even explain how many fireworks we saw from the balcony of Carson and Marisa's house. The skyline was covered with official and unofficial shows all night long! We even had our own little show in the cul-de-sac they live in. It was a great evening with friends, really yummy food, and a spectacular show. Thanks Calderwoods!
All the kids got a turn with a Roman Candle






6 comments:

jhoopes said...

Looks like a fun 4th! Love the red, white, and blue. :) So you love watermelon and aren't a big fan of fireworks--I'm learning so much about you! :)

Sam and Josh said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun for the fourth with the Calderwoods. Plus, fireworks all night. What a deal.

foreveryoung said...

Who doesn't love the 4th of July?? Food, friends and fireworks, it can't get any better. One of these days I'm going to convert you to the sparklers... I can't believe you don't have fond memories of writing your name in the air with sparklers as a kid, you have been deprived :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Jodee,
I loved your 4th of July Blog. Especially the video of Beckham eating the watermelon. What a funny kid! I too am a watermelon lover! Thanks for taking the time to always write and post pictures so we can watch the kids grow up! With much love and thanks,Grandpa & Grandma Turpin

Addicted to Paleo said...

Super cute! It seems like you guys are enjoying yourselves up there! Eleanor keeps making cards for Madison, she misses her so I was wondering if I can get your address so we can send some to her! Thanks! kelli1714@yahoo.com

Janessa said...

What a fun holiday! It looks like you guys lived it up and had a great time - of course! You always seem to have a party going on over there.