Monday, July 28, 2008

Utah Vacation

We returned last week from our trip to Utah to see Ronnie's family. We don't get to see his sister and her family very often so we all planed to meet up in Utah for some fun. We all stayed at his parents house in Cedar Hills and it was a party! 6 adults, one teenager, and 7 kids 8 years or younger! We had a lot of fun and it was especially great to see the cousins have so much fun together. Enjoy the pictures, there are lots! You can click on them to make them bigger.










Days were mainly filled with playing with cousins and relaxing with siblings but we did manage to get the whole gang out to a few fun places between family pictures, being sick, and trying to see friends all at the same time! Ronnie and I think maybe next year we will plan a whole month out there so we can see family, friends, and all the fun places we love to re-visit! We did our best but we still missed seeing a lot of our great friends and family.










Some highlights include....
A return to Jump-on-it, always a good time!









We got together with the Turpin family where we saw some of Ronnie's mom's family that we missed at the reunion. Aunt Pam brought a fun game to play with all the little grand kids and great grand kids. It was fun to see them all run around together. Ronnie's grandparents have 6 girls, each of them have at least 3 or more kids and they are all growing up and starting to have kids of their own so there are a lot of grand kids and great grand kids. I am sure Grandma T. could tell you the exact number but I have lost count, I am still working on keeping all the names straight! There were so many to see in such a short time! Again, one of these summers we will have to stay for a lot longer!










Ronnie and I took the kids to one of our favorite places in Utah, Park City. It is so beautiful up there. First we stopped in Sugar House to eat breakfast with our very good friends the Geertsens. It is always a pleasure to see their happy faces and this time was no exception. They may have been happy to see us, but we think they were still gleaming from finding out they are pregnant, with twins! They have worked so hard and waited so long, we couldn't be happier for them. Congrats you two, I couldn't think of two better people to become parents!








In Park City we took the kids on the Alpine slide and coaster. Ronnie and I have been there but not with the kids. It was so much fun! Bex LOVED the slide, he said "whee" the whole way down. Madison really liked the coaster and told me "mom, you went pretty fast but daddy went really fast, I had to tell him to slow down!" After the slides and a few carousel rides we walked around downtown, did some shopping, and ate lunch. Madison picked the spot based solely on the sign, she misses her Rosa!










Our cousins the Wagners were in town the same time and we caught up with them just before they headed back down to Vegas.








We were able to see Kent and Becca, David, and the Stenlunds in Provo. We hit all the stops including Brick Oven, bowling at Fat Cats, BYU, Uncle David and Jason's bachelor pad to play video games, and out to sushi at Happy Sumo. We also got to meet Kent and Becca's youngest little boy Joshua. I guess it's been a while since he is now 10 mo. old! We miss them so much... Thank goodness for BYU games, they are coming to see us up here in Sept. for the BYU vs. UW game and I can't wait!










Lastly we drove the long ride home with a quick stop in Oregon to hand Madison over to my parents. She is staying with them this week for some special time with her Nana and Papa. She is having such a great time and calls us each night to report all the fun she has had. So far there have been talks of fishing with a new pink pole and vest, camping, swimming, hot tubing, shopping, and a trip to the dentist so Nana can clean her teeth! It is so strange not having her here at the house. Beckham is loving the attention and having full reign of the toys but, he is constantly looking around for his "Sisa" and isn't quite sure what to do with himself.

8 comments:

Janessa said...

Wow, you guys pack it in. Is there anybody you didn't see? That's so fun that your kids has some cousin time. I love letting our kids run around and play with cousins. It's so great to watch them laugh and bond. How fun for Madison to have a trip all by herself to visit Nana and Papa. I'll bet she feels to grown up. The ice cream pictures of Bex are so cute!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe all the fun things you did in one week! It looks like you had a great time visiting family and friends! I think Maddie did a great job picking out the restaurant! I loved reading that on your bloggy! It made my day! Only 11 more days until I see you guys! I can't wait!

Love you, Love your show!
Zona Rosa :o)

P.S. Nice mani/pedi Jodes! I love it!

Michael Family said...

Nice, you go on so many vacations! I am so jealous! Looks like a lot of fun.

Liz said...

How fun. I am going to Utah next week. It is too bad we missed each other. (because I don't think you saw enough people and did enough while you were there) :) What a fun time it looks like you had!

Cassie said...

I love family gatherings! It looks like you guys had a blast. I also checked out your family photos--beautiful. I loved seeing shots of you and Ronnie, so sweet. (Jodee) You looked hot! and the pict of Madison in the red chair is stunning.

foreveryoung said...

Utah is such a great place for summer vacations. I don't know how you even managed to fit some time to sleep into your busy schedule! Did you ever make it over to the infamous Harvest Hills? It sounds like you had a ton of fun but now you probably need a vacation from your vacation! And so fun for Maddie to get spoiled by her grandparents. It makes me miss having my parents close even more.

The Teeples Times said...

That was all in one week? Don't you just love visiting family? It's hard to not live by them, but then it makes the visits even sweeter, right? That is so sweet that Beckham and Madison are so close to each other. I hope our kids grow to be the same.

jhoopes said...

Looks like such a fun vacation!! I think Utah is always a fun place to visit. How fun for Madison to stay with your parents!