.JPG)
For Christmas Kellee and Robb (Kellobb) got us tickets to go see Bumbershoot in Seattle. It is a HUGE music festival that runs three days long and features tons of artists from all over. They hold it at the Seattle Center where the space needle is so it is a pretty fun location. It is a perfect event for Ronnie and I since we have such a huge range of music that we listen too. You can hear anything from country to heavy metal and everything in between. They also have all genres of art including dance, film, crafts, and much more displayed, for sale, or showcased. My parents and Kellobb came out to stay at our house for Labor Day weekend so we could all go together. We attended all three days and still didn't see half of it! There is just so much going on. However, we did get to see some great acts like Neko Case, the Asylum Street Spankers, Stone Temple Pilots, Dale Watson, Jakob Dylon, Paramore, and Offspring. Beck and Death Cab for Cutie were there too but we just couldn't fit it all in! Shows were packed and crowds were out in full force but everything was peaceful and went pretty smoothly. I was in heaven with all the concert T's and felt right at home with the crazies that attended; just like growing up in Eugene! Madison enjoyed dancing along to the bands, getting to the "semifinals" of a hoola hoop contest, and getting dirty for the mud-up campaign. Bex was amazing with little to no nap and being strapped in the stroller all day. I think he was taking it all in... or maybe it was the "aroma" floating around. And my sweet husband re-lived his highschool days with STP. He sang every song, did a little head banging, and even showed me his Rock-On fingers now and then. He LOVED it! STP! STP! STP!
If you are ever in the area around this time next year I suggest you check it out. It was a blast! Thanks Kellobb!
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
3 comments:
Growing up here I went to Bumpershoot so much that I've always looked at it as a place to avoid on Labor Day weekend (too crowded!). So, it was fun to read your families impressions of it all. Then I was talking to Jeff about it and found out he doesn't think he's ever been, even though he grew up here too. Maybe we'll have to go one of these years...
You guys are just too cool! I'm impressed that your kids lasted for three days of craziness. How fun!
You guys are the coolest parents ever, can I be in your family? I'm totally cracking up picturing Ronnie rocking out to STP. Are we really that old? Are they really that old school? What a fun way to end your summer with a bang!
Post a Comment