Welcome to Seattle Wagner family
Last weekend we had more visitors, this time, it was from our lovely Wagner cousins. Ronnie and Kent are the two oldest cousins on the Turpin side and have grown up together. They are still very close and lucky for me, his wife Becca is one of my favorite people. We had such fun while living in SF together. Kent and Ronnie went to school while Becca and I explored SF with the kids, taught at the YMCA together, and complained about managing apartments daily! We sure missed them when they moved back to Vegas. Luckily Kent and Ronnie share the same love (or is it obsession) for BYU and we have made it our tradition to attend at least one away game together with the Wagners. This year, we lucked out and got to have them come here to watch the WA game. We tried to be good hosts and show them around Seattle a bit. After a morning of golfing for the boys, and school was out for Maddie, we ventured into the city for some exploration. We took them up the Smith Tower, (taller than the Space Needle and a whole lot cheaper!), had some yummy caramel apples, sampled natural soda, went to the aquarium and watched them feed the huge octopus, took the ferry to dinner, and nearly pulled an all-nighter playing Ticket to Ride! On game day we picked up the babysitter and had her watch Bex and Josh and then took Caleb, Maddie, and Luke to the game with us. It was a good game and we were able to get tickets with a lot of friends from our ward. Thankfully the Cougars pulled it out and the remainder of the weekend was a happy one! I didn't take many pictures with my camera, I was too busy coveting Beccas new Nikon SLR. I took LOTS of pictures with that one, I am just waiting to get an email with about 300 pictures attached! Thanks for the visit Wagner family! We sure do miss you guys!
5 comments:
Cute picture of you and Ronnie. Glad you guys reunited and had a good time. mom
I can't wait for our turn to get the official Seattle tour! Please do a post about you sitting around doing nothing for once so that I don't feel like such a loser, ha! ha! Glad you had yet another fun filled weekend! Miss you guys!
I can't wait for out turn either! You guy are the best hosts!
Natural soda? Is that a local thing or just something you bought at a store?
We sure do miss you guys and we hope to come and see you sometime soon. We went up to Seattle and visited a friend of ours a while back and fell in love with the place. We would totally move there. I talked to the fire department there and they basically have the same test that I had to take for AJ. I'm going to keep checking to see when they are testing. Seriously, we love the place and now we know at least we'd have friends and family (that we like) there!
Post a Comment