First day of Kindergarten
My little girl started kindergarten today. She is in a big school with big kids. She left me this morning wearing a gigantic backpack and a gigantic smile on her face. Me on the other hand, well lets just say I put on a brave face until I got home. She made it SO easy on me though. She wasn't nervous at all and was skipping the whole way to school.
Here are the details:
Minnie Mouse pancakes
last minute breakfast chat about choosing the right and remembering who you are
fathers blessing
pictures
family walk to school
more pictures
meeting up with friends
more pictures
waiting too long outside for the teachers to walk them into class (long enough for the kids to get even more nervous! Except Madison of course, she just complained about how bright it was outside- go figure!)
walk to the class and sit down on the rug
wave goodbye
hold it together until you are alone
let go...
And the stats are...
Teacher: the highly requested, coveted, and recommended Miss Dammers (we scored!)
School: Just a short 10 min walk from home and bus ride back- they let the Kindergartners ride the bus home in our neighborhood so they can get the experience. It is just a short ride up the hill but Madison is way excited!
Friends: she already knew John from church, and Alex and Ethan from Montessori school
Backpack: only the pinkest, shiniest, most sparkly one will do!
Snack: mom forgot the first day! How bad is that!?! I rummaged through my purse and found a few of Beckham's leftovers... I felt so guilty that I went out and bought her favorite yogurt covered pretzels for tomorrow!
Comments: "We had a big day, it was way fun and I got to share today. But nobody asked me questions. I went to the bathroom, there were three bathrooms and then you wash your hands outside the bathroom. We took a tour of the school after that. I was first in line in the first line that we had! I got to go to recess but it was so short!" 

Phew, big day indeed! Hang in there, 3 more new posts below!
13 comments:
WOW...Kindergarden? She is such a doll and is so comfortable in her skin. Of course she was not nervous! She is going to be the most popular kid there! Everyone is going to fight to sit next to her and play tag with her!
I am glad your first day was great Madi!
How fun. She looks so cute, just like her mom.
She's growing up so fast!
Rosa
Yeah! Glad the first day was such a hit! Loved her comments. :) She looks adorable and I think your description of the first day of school was so perfect--it was fun to read!
Madison's hair is adorable. I love the details you included. I'm sure she will love to look back on this post and read about her pink backpack and her little brother's leftover snacks.
holy cow! my little kinderganers breakfast: cold cereal, drove to school because the bus does not come to our house...had to leave her in the line outside her classroom and wave from across the sidewalk...I'm a little jealous of your big day! :) what a mile stone for our little girls and for us!
How exciting! That's such a big step. They grow up SO fast once they hit Kindgarten. Watch out! She looks adorable! I'm glad you got the best teacher, the backpack is very pink and how lucky to be first in line in the first line. I think it's going to be a good year. Glad you survived the big day too! How did she like the yogurt covered pretzels?
Can you believe the big day has finally arrived?? She looks so cute (and I love the hair, can't wait to scroll down and read that post) and I'm so glad she was so excited. It makes it so much easier as a mom to say goodbye when you know she's having fun. I love her recap, she did a great job remembering all the important details like the bathrooms and lines--too cute! I can't wait to hear more about school, but I'm glad it's off to a great start! Congratulations, Maddie!
It has been two weeks for us and we are all still adjusting-early mornings are hard for me, not being able to go to school on the weekends hard for Lou! I still can't believe our girls are big enough.
So cute! You guys are such good parents. I loved reading through this. And, btw, love love love the new haircuts. That's such a cool experience to do locks of love!
She is so adorable!!!
We miss you guys and the parties and the road trips...oh wait did we only do one of each of those? Still, it was fun! Whats this singing thing I am seeing on Facebook?
I had a pink cabbage patch backpack. That's all I remeber about Kindergarten. Don't worry Mom, she'll forget about the ommitted snack.
She is so gorgeous and such a sweet little girl....Well done!!!
Post a Comment