Sunriver, Bumbershoot, Locks of Love, first day of school... I have a lot of blogging to do! I am way behind and feel like I have fallen off the face of the blogging world! I haven't been reading, posting, or stalking any blogs lately! I know, what is wrong with me? I think it had gotten to the point of feeling overwhelmed. Google Reader says I have 47 new blogs- yikes! Anyway, lets start with one thing at a time, lets start with a fun week in Sunriver with my family shall we?
One of my most favorite places to visit is Sunriver Oregon. It brings back so many fond memories of times with family, skiing at Bachelor, and many late night cross country skiing trips with silly relatives... As kids we were at Sunriver almost every year. I hadn't been back for a few years so it was so fun to spend a week there with my family again. My parents rented a house for their 60th birthday and invited all their kids to join. Yes, they only have 2 daughters but with husband, boyfriend, best friend/3rd daughter, and grand kids it makes for quite the party! We had great company, excellent weather, and beautiful surroundings.
We biked almost every day at least once. Ronnie even took advantage of the open roads and many paths and tried to teach Madison to ride a bike with no training wheels. I think it will take some time, she has a really bad leaning problem... I guess she rides her bike at home that way cause it makes the training wheels catch and now she can't quit! We also canoed and rafted many times since our house was right on the river. We would put in at the Marina and float down to our backyard. We rode horses, mom has those pictures (hint hint) we rode Blueberry, Candy, Eggo, Platinum, and Dennis (HA!) just to name a few... We also tried to go to Bachelor and ride the lift up but that day was pretty foggy and rainy in the morning so we opted for throwing rocks into a lake and lunch in SR village. However, not all excitement was lost, we did nearly hit a black bear as were were driving down the mountain on the highway. My dad had to swerve to miss it and Ronnie had to slam on our breaks as it ran right in front of the car. Thank goodness for anti-lock breaks or we would have had one angry bear and a pretty damaged car; he was big! After it was all over and the bear had scampered up the hill, Ronnie and I looked at each other with the "did that just really happen?" look, and then wished we had the camera out. Crazy!
We got to see a huge slide show of Kellee and Robb's Olympic trip to China, a movie of Laurel skydiving, and we had mom and dad compete against each other in a rousing game of "How has turning 60 affected your memory". Mom won by one point but dad claims all the questions were from times he was on duty at the fire station. Nice try dad! It was a riot anyway, thanks for all the "laugh so hard you nearly wet your pants" moments guys!
It was so fun to relax with the fam. and celebrate my wonderful parents. Happy Birthday mom and dad, we love you!
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
3 comments:
Oh how I would die for a vacation like this! I need some R&R! :)
(what is this google reader thing you mentioned?)
Glad you're back. Looks like you guys have been packing in the fun - as usual! What a fun place to go for a family vacation. That whole bear story is pretty crazy. Glad everything turned out okay. I LOVE that last picture of Madison!
Yes, I've missed your blogs! You guys are the busiest/funnest people I know, seriously! When was the last time you had a weekend where you just sat around and did nothing?? So many fun memories and cute pictures. How fun that your sister got to go to China for the Olympics, what an awesome experience.
Post a Comment