Sunday, September 14, 2008

What to do...

What do you do when you have had a fun week with friends but no camera to prove it...

My battery died last week and I can't find the charger. I have been camera-less for a little while and it really bugs! So, I guess I will just have to settle for ripping a few pictures off the Internet to tell my story...
Last week our friends Ty and Linda came to stay with us. They just moved to LA and came up for Tyler's graduation from B-school in Portland (Yeah Ty!) They stayed with family in Bonny Lake and then with us! Ronnie and Ty went golfing, Linda and I went to get some healthy froyo for those two little babies in her tummy, and to look at baby stuff at the mall of course! We played Ticket to Ride again, and Linda helped me take care of Bex at our very first Music Class that I taught (more to come on that later, I think Linda has pics...) It was so fun to see them, they are always happy, carefree, and so easy to be with. I aspire to be a little more like Linda; she is so sweet. She is always very easy going and relaxed, I need to be more like that!
Friday Ronnie left to go here...
and watch our Cougs SPANK UCLA! Were talkin 59 to ZERO people!
So, what is a girl to do when her husband is away for the weekend? Call her good friend whose BYU obsessed husband is also at the game and have a sleepover!
That's right! Melynda brought over some of this...
We did a little of this with the girls before putting them to bed...
And then watched this...
while using a whole lot of these...

In the morning we made these...

and then went to pick a bunch of these before they are all gone...It was nice to have some girl time and also not be such a scaredy cat alone in the house!
Later that night I took Madison to get some school clothes (finally) and then we got some treats to have for our very own mommy daughter movie night (per M's request). It was fun to snuggle on the couch with my little girl while watching some classic Dr. Seuss movies. The boy was super tired and ended up waking up a bazillion times in the night. He woke up this morning with a mondo fever so we stayed home from church not wanting to infect the rest of the nursery- your welcome!

We get to go get our daddy this afternoon and we are pretty happy about that. Even though we had a good weekend and kept busy, we still miss him... lots!

15 comments:

Janessa said...

Bummer about your camera. Hope you find the charger soon. You managed a pretty good post without a camera though. I'm impressed! Sounds like a fun girls weekend.

foreveryoung said...

What a fun weekend! It reminded me of the time you kept me company while Jason was out of town and we watched your all time favorite movie, "Bring it on" (wasn't that it?) Aw man, I miss my Jod! I'm sure you'll be having plenty more weekends like this now that BYU season is officially in gear! Jason is looking at tickets for the Fiesta bowl on-line right now. I'm assuming that if BYU makes it then Ronnie will come down, but do you think your whole family would make it too? I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Jodee said...

Are you kidding me? Do you think I would let Ronnie go to AZ without me? Fiesta Bowl here we come!

val said...

Hey a long time ago you blogged that you made tutus with Madison and her friends-we may want to do this. Can I have info on how? Oh and by the way Bring it On-REALLY?!

Liz said...

What a fun girls weekend! I want to come next time. :)

Jodee said...

Yes, my name is Jodee and I like Bring it On! There, I said it... It is hilarious; great one liners! Don't knock it!

val said...

I must say it again-Bring It On really?! I say this having seen the first one. Ok one tutu question:how much ribbion and tulle did you end up needing for each girl?

Carson Calderwood said...

Thanks for loaning Ronnie out.

Sam and Josh said...

You did a great job with your blog pictures and no camera. Looks like a fun weekend for both of you. You are always so creative.

Maria said...

I found you blog off another from the ward! I hope little Beckam is feeling better.

Cathy said...

Mark was at the game too! I loved your entry. I hope that you're doing great!!

Melynda said...

We had so much fun! I am glad it all worked out. Can't wait for next time:)

linda said...

jodee. it was fun to be with you. ty likes to call me slow. you are much kinder for saying i am easy going and relaxed. lol. i will get the pics to you this weekend. gotta find my usb hookup. love you tons. thanks for taking care of us.

love tyandlinda

The Teeples Times said...

I bet Ronnie loved the game!! How fun that you made it a girls weekend and painted toenails and watched a chick flick...I'm jealous. I need to check out that show, I've heard great things.

jhoopes said...

Sounds like the definition of a good girls' weekend! And---GO COUGARS!!