Wednesday, June 17, 2009

First Grade here I come!

(I am so far behind! I guess we are already having too much fun this summer! Hang with me while I catch up!)
My little Madison decided to grow right up when I was not looking. She is SO ready for first grade but says that the last day of Kindergarten was "a little happy and a little sad." When asked why she told me that she was happy to go to school ALL day long in first grade but was sad that Miss Dammers was no longer her teacher. She loves that lady, so do I. What a fantastic start to school she gave my Madison. All I wanted out of this year was for Madison to have fun and gain a love for school. She has done exactly that and we couldn't be happier. She excels in reading and writing (content not neat penmanship- she is my child) and says Math is her favorite subject. She constantly reads and is always asking me for a pencil so she can "do her homework." I really hope this lasts! Miss Dammers told us she was a "teacher's dream student." No, I didn't ask if she tells that to all the parents because I don't care, I will take it! I have no shame bragging about my little graduate, she deserves every last ounce of praise. She has worked so hard, made some great friends, and gained some pretty important life lessons this year.


She held it together until she had to say goodbye to her teacher. She gets pretty sad saying goodbye to special people these days. It breaks my heart and makes me a wreck. I didn't hold it together at all! I cried like a baby during her "graduation." I am sure the other parents were wondering if I was okay. I don't even want to think about how I will be when she graduates high school. Maybe she will be like me; a little teenage nightmare, and I will be happy to see her go. Or maybe she will stay sweet, innocent, and my best friend forever... yeah right!

We are super excited for this summer and have jumped right into our relaxed schedule. Madison stayed up late last night and slept in till 8:30. We just need to get little Mr. 6:45am on board and we'll be golden! We have playgroups, swimming lessons, gymnastics, berry picking, and lots of beach/park/hike/neighbor time on the schedule. Squeeze in a few camping trips and vacations and call it a fun filled summer. Bring it on, we're ready!


First day of KindergartenAll ready for first grade!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Jodee...she is so darling. I start the process this fall with Jonah in Kindergarten. How do they grow up so fast?

Ronnie said...

I'm proud of you Bubba. I'm glad you are excited to be a "grader."

foreveryoung said...

I don't ever see her turning into a teenage terror, she is the sweetest little girl I know! I can't believe she ASKS to do her homework, not only is she a teacher's dream, but a mother's dream too!

jhoopes said...

I got teary-eyed just reading this!! I always get emotional at the beginning of the end of school years--they just grow up so fast! And look at how much she has grown up! Hard to believe!

Janessa said...

What an exciting milestone to finish kindergarten! She looks like she's ready for first grade. Go get em' Madison!