Thursday, June 04, 2009

Ode to In N Out

Why do you taunt me as I drive the 101?
Your big yellow arrow, your red palm trees in the sun.

My car starts to swerve my mouth starts watering,
knowing that soon, a "double animal style" I'll be ordering.

Your style is so simple, your food tastes the best,
Your soda machines are always better than the rest.

Your burgers are so tasty, you can stack them 4 in a pile,
you can wrap yours in lettuce if you prefer the "protein style."

Your food is never frozen, processed or microwaved,
and those not too salty fries, fresh from a potato they are shaved.

Your buns are baked fresh, in half they are cut,
they melt in my mouth, and surely settle on my b...ottom?

The kids they adore you, stickers, hats, and grilled cheese sandwiches are served,
I'll run a few extra miles so those calories are deserved.

How I wish I still lived near you, it seems like such a sacrafice,
But alas, in Seattle, Ivars will have to suffice.

7 comments:

Michael Family said...

Love it! In-N-Out will always hold a special place in my heart. :)

Janessa said...

Oh, the passion. I love it!

Melynda said...

I miss them too! They put one in my home town about a year after I left...so sad! Great poem

foreveryoung said...

Wait, wait, did you say grilled cheese sandwiches? Now we're talking! I may just have to make a trip there tomorrow and think of you with every french fry I eat.

jhoopes said...

I am SO HUNGRY right now!! Love your poem--I didn't even know you were in California! Hope you ate lots of in-n-out to last you 'til the next trip!

Melanie said...

I so love In 'n Out. Between my mission to CA and then the two years Brandon and I lived there...oh I miss them so!

Heather said...

That poem is amazing! We love in-n-out too - we lived near one for a brief 6 weeks 2 summers ago and our lives will never be the same...