Our Little Tiny Tim
Bex had a little run in with a trampoline on Memorial Day. He loves those things, so do I. But, Dr. Sarkie really doesn't like them! oops! Beckham usually doesn't jump too high when he is on a trampoline by himself. But, add a few extra kids on there and he can fly! We think he got double bounced and landed on his toes then crumpled his foot over the wrong way. He wouldn't walk on that foot so we knew something was going on. I took him to the Dr. the next morning and they took x-rays. She (not my regular pediatrician- thank goodness!) said it was just a bad sprain, take him home, encourage him to walk on it. So, for the next 2 days that is what I did. However, Beckham wasn't having any of it. He crawled around on his hands and knees and would NOT let anyone near that foot. Well, Wed. night I get a call from the ped. office saying that they sent his x-ray into a lab and sure enough, there was a break. We had to take him into Seattle Children's Hospital and get it looked at again. They took more x-rays and confirmed the break, "Yep, it's broken, I have no idea how they missed that. Here, you look at it..." The Dr. showed me which bone, I showed her the break. It was pretty frustrating. I felt so bad for making him try to walk on his poor little foot for 2 days. He now is in a cast for a month and getting around just fine. The day they casted him, he was off and running! I think the only thing that he gets frustrated with is not being able to get it wet. He sure is cute hopping around on his peg-leg and you can always hear him coming. I don't think this will be our last trip to the hospital with Beckham. He is pretty daring and has a lot of energy to try new things. There really is no stopping this kid.
7 comments:
I am so sorry. Paezlei had a broken leg when she was three and we had to truck her around everywhere. Not fun, but a memory to say the least.
poor baby! He is the cutest casted Beckham I've ever seen! It amazes me the similarities between your beckham and mine.
He's still as cute as ever!
As sad as it is, that little cast is so dang cute. :)
Poor little guy! I'm so sorry - for all of you. It's a traumatic thing for the parents and the kid with a broken bone. I can't believe the doctor missed the break the first time around! I guess doctor's aren't perfect, but come on! Glad you got it taken care of now. Hope he heals quickly and doesn't have to miss out on too many pool parties this summer.
I wondered when I saw him crawling around at music class on Wednesday and then with a cast on Friday. He certainly seems to get around just fine now!
Poor Bex!! I can't believe the so called doctor overlooked a break! Glad he's back to his happy little wild and crazy self.
Post a Comment