Happy Birthday Buddy
I recently started blogs for the kids that I write in from time to time. I write the posts to them and will eventually start putting the entries into books. Sort-of my way of keeping a journal for them until they can start one themselves. Anyway, this is taken from Beckham's blog. I have never been the best in the grammar area. And these entries that I write to the kids, I don't proof read or correct. I usually write like I am talking and especially in these posts, it's like my brain is throwing up. So, sorry in advance!
As daddy and I reluctantly tuck you in bed tonight I feel a little sad that your big day is over already. It means you're really three now. You're a big boy. You will start preschool, be a sunbeam soon, stop napping and start doing all those big things that big boys do. I wanted to keep you up longer, try to delay the end of your third birthday. But you were tired, you had a big day. We got to see some of your favorite friends, play at the park, go to your favorite lunch spot, eat dinner with nana and papa, and open presents galore! You told just about everyone we saw today, "It my birday today. I fwee on my birday." You were so cute and so proud to be three today. Your sister was probably even more excited about your birthday than you were. She loves birthday's, even if they aren't hers. She just likes to party. She couldn't stand the excitement and ended up in bed before you tonight!
I'm not really sure if you understand what this turning three thing means. You are going to grow up in some pretty big ways buddy. I asked you if you were a big boy now and you said, "no mama, I stiw a wittle boy." You know that when you are a big boy you will have to start going potty in the big boy potty and you are not quite ready for that yet so, you remain "a wittle boy". That's okay, just between you and me, I'm not quite ready either. Sure, it will be great not to have to change your diapers anymore. But, It just means another step closer to you really growing up. And when you grow up, it means you will stop sucking your cute little fingers upside down, you will start talking without your sweet little voice and silly words. You will not want to hold my hand, give me kisses, pat my face, or let me sing to you before bed. You won't ask me to "way wif me just a wittle bit mo momma, pwease?" Ugh, it gets me every time! You will want to spend more time with your friends than your momma. You will go to college, leave on a mission, get married... Yeesh, I can't think about this!
I guess you will always be my little buddy... right?
I love you Bexifry. You are such a happy little guy; always smiling, always acting silly, and always ready to tell me "I wuv woo too mommy!" You have tested my limits and made me question my abilities as a parent. But, I wouldn't change a single bit of you. I have so much fun being your mommy. You help me see what is truly important and give me perspective I wouldn't find any other place. You are a challenge at times but you are an even greater joy all the time.
I hope your day was everything you could imagine. You are such a blessing in our family and daddy, Sisa and I "love you like a million!"
Thanks for being my little buddy. Happy Birthday sweet boy.
Love, Mommy
One day old
One year old
Two years old

Three years old

9 comments:
excellent post! He'll love having those when he gets older. I wish we would do that more.
You're killing me, that was the sweetest post ever. I love your idea of keeping a blog for all your kids, they'll definately treasure that when they grow up (if we ever allow them to grow up :) What a sweet little man you have, glad he enjoyed his special day!
Sniff sniff.
Such cute pictures! Loved your post, too. What a good idea to keep a blog for your kids.
Love your post. You always have the best things to say. Cute cute boy.
I love it! Happy Birthday Beckham! I hope it was a good one!
So sweet, I love that you keep a blog for your kids, what a treasure that will be!
Happy Birthday Beckham! Can't wait to have you at my home for preschool this coming year...except that means you and my Christian are growing up and I am not sure what I think about that! :)
What a handsome boy!! Sweet post! Poor little guy getting his cast on....those mean trampolines! We'd love to see ya when you're out - give us a call!
What a sweet post! It gave me goose bumps as I read it. You are such a geat mom and your kids are so lucky to have you. I love the way you're doing blogs for your kids. What a priceless treasure!
Post a Comment