Recital in San Fran
May is the month for the Calliope Dance Recital. My sister's studio in San Francisco is booming with kids and grows bigger every year. Madison used to take ballet from my sister when we lived in SF and she misses it. Lucky for her, Auntie Kellee is the boss and she still teaches Madison a dance to preform in the recital each year. This year Madison was a Pierrot Clown. It was pretty sweet to see her in her costume. All I could think about was my sister, years ago, in a very similar outfit. It was one of Kellee's favorite dances and I think it will be Madison's too. I don't get to enjoy the show as much as the others. I am back stage making sure all the crazy monkeys get to and from the stage and don't get lost in the process. I do however, make sure I am just off stage to see Madison's dance. I am so proud of her. She learns the dance in a day and goes right out ther on that stage and dances it perfectly! .jpg)
.jpg)
This is how Beckham watched the recital. No nap will do you in... or maybe he's just not that into ballet?
The crew- family and friends who HELP are good to have!
Strong men, #1 Fan, Lion Tamers, Clowns, Music Man, Ring Masters, and a little dare devil
The after party- a very typical scene at the Mills/Blanchard household!
The after party heads out for some Gelato- yum!
Ronnie was able to sneak the kids away for some fun in between all the work. He couldn't go to the Bay Area without a stop in Berkeley for some Zachary's pizza and a ride on the train at Tilden! .jpg)
Scenes from the sweet new playground in Golden Gate Park
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
This is how Beckham watched the recital. No nap will do you in... or maybe he's just not that into ballet?
The crew- family and friends who HELP are good to have!
Strong men, #1 Fan, Lion Tamers, Clowns, Music Man, Ring Masters, and a little dare devil
The after party- a very typical scene at the Mills/Blanchard household!
The after party heads out for some Gelato- yum!
Ronnie was able to sneak the kids away for some fun in between all the work. He couldn't go to the Bay Area without a stop in Berkeley for some Zachary's pizza and a ride on the train at Tilden! .jpg)
Scenes from the sweet new playground in Golden Gate Park.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
It is always a whirlwind trip when we go for the recital. We wish we could have seen more friends; we miss you all so much! We have decided to schedule our next trip to SF purely for hanging out purposes! It was still a blast getting to see my family. Thank you Titi for letting us crash with you. And Kellee, you did an amazing job as usual! Sorry about the essential oil spill. I just like to think that means that he is just as comfortable at your house as he is mine!
3 comments:
Madison must be a natural if she can learn the dance in one day and then get out on the stage and perform so well. Very impressive! Way to go Madison!!!
Man, I wish I lived closer to Kellee so that Kylie could take classes from her. Her teacher this year was LAME-o. Do you have video of Madison, I would love to see her performance sine I never got a personal one when I was there. Is that the same pizza place we ate at when we rode the Tilden train? Fun times...
What a wonderful post!
Post a Comment