Tuesday, June 22, 2010

the end of this and that...

Madison had a few celebrations to mark the end of first grade and a show for gymnastics.  She has been taking gymnastics for almost 3 years and is getting really good at it.  She is an expert at the cartwheel, assisted back walkover, and forward roll on the beam.  They did a floor routine and Madison busted a move, remembering each dance step and even put a little attitude into it.  It was so fun to watch her.  I am thinking about signing her up for a hip hop class cause she can shake it!



We are really proud of her hard work at school too.  She is always receiving good marks for every subject and above grade level marks for reading.  She loves to read and will often be found in her room curled up in bed with a book for hours.  She goes through chapter books in a day and has re-read many of the ones we have at home. I think we will be making lots of library trips!  I hope she continues to love reading.  I never loved it until after college so hopefully she has her dad's smarts.

Some facts about Madison and first grade
Teacher: Mrs. Holzer
Best Friend: Jasleen
Favorite subject:  PE and Library and Music
Favorite memory:  first marble party- read and relax day, and being the special person on my birthday
Favorite book:  Harry bugs the three bears
What you will miss most about 1st grade?: my teacher and friends

Ronnie helped in Madison's class by walking them down to the park for their end of year pic-nic
Madison and Jasleen
Ronnie also took the kids to Chuck E Cheese for our annual end of school year celebration with ward friends.  I stayed home with Grace and saved her from that germ infested place!  Thanks Matt for the adorable pictures!
So far the kids have declared that Summer is boring.  I guess staying at home with their new baby sister didn't last long.  I am hoping the weather will get better so we can venture outside a bit but I am not ready to do much with all 3 kids by myself!  I think they will be a bit happier when they get to go to their summer camps.  Bex has a "mighty movers all about trucks" half day camp while Madison goes to art camp.  She is also going to stay for a week with my mom and dad in Oregon and attend horse camp where she will learn to take care, feed, and ride a horse.  Hopefully their end of summer report will be a bit better!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Look at how grown up she is! I still remember the summer I had her in nursery, she was my favorite. You have to get her into a hip hop class, it would be a shame to waste such booty shakin skills

Sarah Carlston said...

I just saw your pics on Facebook...Grace is absolutely adorable! I miss the "end of the year" chuck e cheese celebration! I just really miss everyone and everything about the Issaquah 5th ward!