Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!


April is always a favorite month of mine.  It's my birthday month and if you know my husband, you know that means lots of fun and adequate spoiling for me!
This year we decided to make a little trip up to Vancouver Canada to visit the new LDS temple open house and walk through with the kids.  We went along with our Vancouver Canada traveling partners the Molens and had a great time.  Before we even left town the festivities began!  They all surprised me that morning by making a yummy, diabetic friendly, breakfast.  And, my dear husband gave me a new set of pots and pans that I have been wanting for a long time!  (They hang nicely on my pot rack above the island!)  And to top it all off, the Molens took both of our kids in their car for the ride to Vancouver.  What great friends!  It was a good start to an awesome birthday!



We headed straight for the Temple open house.  It was a little rainy but hey, we're used to that!  It was so fun to have our whole family in the temple together.  I just love the temple and being there all together is a special blessing.

After a good helping of cookies for some and water for others, we headed to the hotel to meet up with the Tehero's.  The kids had been begging to swim at the hotel pool since we left Washington so they got some good splashing in before heading out to dinner with the whole crew.  After dinner, Ronnie took a few of us on a trek through Downtown Vancouver to find a good fro-yo spot for me.  Happy Birthday to me!
The next day we explored Vancouver a little more with a trip to the aquarium, a drive through Stanley park, and good eats at the Granville island farmers market.  (All pics courtesy of our resident photographer, Matt.)
**********
Madison and her friend the pooping dolphin.  This guy was pretty friendly and would come up to the window when the kids were there.  He hung out with us for quite a while.
Couldn't leave this one out!
I always enjoy time spent with friends and family.  Life is just that much sweeter when spent with those you love.  And babe, thanks for making my birthday memorable year after year!  You never cease to amaze me! ily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great friends and family you have! I'm glad you could go to the Temple. Those are the best birthdays.

Janessa said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad you had a wonderful day and were able to celebrate it in style. You got some great pics. I think that last one is my favorite. Too cute!

foreveryoung said...

Ahhh, that picture is awesome!! Happy birthday! I can't believe it was a year ago that I was partying right along with you. In true Ronnie form, he didn't fail to make your b-day anything less than perfect, which is exactly what you deserve.