Youth Conf.
Well, youth conference came and went. It was worth all the effort and stress because the kids had a blast! I keep telling my husband that he is in for it, planning such great activities for the youth at church; he will never get out of it again! I loved getting to know the young men and women in our church a little bit better and think they are such great kids. (did I just say that? I am getting old) But really, it was tons of fun and doesn't seem that long ago that I was their age.
We hosted the conference at a church owned property called Zion's Camp. The lodge was comfy and we pretty much had the whole camp to ourselves since it was spring in Seattle. The weather held up and we even had a chance to do ALL of our outdoor activities. We had an amazing committee helping us out and tons of volunteers that came and spoke, supervised, cooked etc... It was a great experience for all involved.
Highlights included
Handcart trek which went much quicker than expected- those kids have some energy
lots of fire pit chats
A visit from a few scripture heroes
A fun presentation from a local Tongan ward
Friendly family competitions
some archery, flag football, Frisbee golf, and card games
movie night
late night xbox challenges
and a lot of spiritual growth
We hosted the conference at a church owned property called Zion's Camp. The lodge was comfy and we pretty much had the whole camp to ourselves since it was spring in Seattle. The weather held up and we even had a chance to do ALL of our outdoor activities. We had an amazing committee helping us out and tons of volunteers that came and spoke, supervised, cooked etc... It was a great experience for all involved.
Highlights included
Handcart trek which went much quicker than expected- those kids have some energy
lots of fire pit chats
A visit from a few scripture heroes
A fun presentation from a local Tongan ward
Friendly family competitions
some archery, flag football, Frisbee golf, and card games
movie night
late night xbox challenges
and a lot of spiritual growth
2 comments:
I think you're right. You and Ronnie may have this job for life. I keep hearing (even heard about it today) how great it was. Sorry I missed it!
Wow, sounds like an amazing youth conference! I wish I could have gone:) I'm glad the weather worked for you and everything went well. I love the pregnant archer picture. Way to go Jodee!
Post a Comment