Monday, February 02, 2009

Inspired

So I have this friend... she is quite lovely and I enjoy her very much. Why do I enjoy her so much you ask? Well, there are hundreds of reasons but let's just start with this one, she just happens to be one of the most giving and talented people I know. She is always doing something wonderful for someone. One such thing she has done is start a weekly give-a-way on her blog. She gives away such fancies as a meal at her house, a treat, babysitting etc.. I have been the lucky beneficiary of one such give-a-way and it was much much fun. I thought I would pass along the generosity and do my very own give-a-way. I am not as giving as said friend of mine so it probably won't be a "weekly thing" here on this is how we do it, but more of an "every once in a while thing" instead. So, for the first commenter on this post, you will receive one hand made Valentine's Day wreath by yours truly! And yes, I will ship it wherever to whomever! Good luck!
This is not your wreath, this is mine, but you get the idea!

18 comments:

Melynda said...

ummm... I think I am blushing! Jodee I am glad I have you fooled! And does this mean I win the super cute wreath? I feel a little guilty for taking it but it's pretty stinkin cute!

Anonymous said...

what a sweet idea - your wreath is really cute. - did you make it
Mom

Jodee said...

yes you do. and I think it's quite fitting that it's you who won.

Jodee said...

yes mom, I know you can't believe your eyes but it's true. You have taught me well.

Anonymous said...

It's really beautiful Jodee! Heart, Natalie

linda said...

You are seriously going to say, "No," to a pregnant woman? Jodee!

So kidding! We love you tons. Great job on the wreath.

love tyandlinda

foreveryoung said...

I thought you were talking about yourself, because to me you are the most thoughtful, generous and kind person I know! Beautiful wreath, my talented friend!

Ronnie said...

Great job babe, you're so crafty.

Maria said...

Jodee you and Melynda are unstoppable foces of good and so crafty.

Renee said...

Jodee put up instructions on how to make this wreath, it's so pretty! (since i wasn't first)

Jodee said...

super easy, just cut some fabric into 2 in squares. I used pinking shears. Then take a pencil and place the tip in the middle of one of the squares on the right side of the fabric. Wrap the square around the pencil a little and then dip the end (middle of the wrong side of fabric) into a little glue. Then poke it into a styrofoam heart. When you remove the pencil the fabric should stay in. Repeat about a hundred times. I think i used about a yard of fabric for this one. It's kinda fun, the kids can help too!

jhoopes said...

It's really cute!

Elisa said...

Love it. Hopefully I'll get into the crafty mood, follow your instructiosn and make one too.

Renee said...

thanx for the instructions can't wait to try! And I'm making your marshmellows as valentines. yumo!

Janessa said...

I agree with Jamie, YOU are so giving. What a sweet thoughtful thing to do. I'm going to have to try making my own wreath. It's so cute and festive and it sounds very easy. I'm going to have to check your blog more often too and see if I can catch another one of your "ever once in a while" give aways. You are amazing!

val said...

I hate that I live so far away cause I would LOVE giveaways from you:) And your awesome friend. I looked at her blog and kept thinking crap would she deliever to Dallas-so not kidding. So I thought maybe I should try this-not this week maybe next! (too tired from two crazy one year olds-I swear they are trying to kill me)

Pam said...

Ok, I think there should be a prize for the last person to view your blog and comment today. I'm a little behind in......everything and am just now catching up. I should at least win the pencil! :) You are as amazing as ever.

Alisha said...

I am a little behind on my blog reading but now that I'm caught up I'm feeling pretty darn special. Thanks for the beautiful wreath! It's going to be put to good use. Just wait and see!