Happy Birthday Dad C.!

We would like to wish Ronnie's dad a very happy birthday. We love you and can't wait to see you in a few weeks! And just because I love you, I won't tell how old you are! Happy Birthday!
If any of you have had the pleasure to meet Mr. Ronald Karl Chapman, you will know what I mean when I say he is one of the most humble, hard working, and gentle human beings I know. Ronnie looks up to his dad in many ways, but mostly, he feels that his dad defines the word integrity. I happen to agree, and if you ever get the opportunity to meet him, you will too.
I felt that sometimes, Dad C gets a little left out. He is quiet and doesn't like the spotlight on him. But please, just for a minute, let me brag a little about my wonderful father in law...
Here are just a few of the reasons why I love him so...
He is smart, kind, spiritual, genuine, and honest. He loves the Cougs (like father like son), wishes he could run more, appreciates a good Root Beer, can sing a great 'O Holy Night' (but just don't put him on the spot, he only does that for his favorite daughter in law!), works hard at the office and at home, loves his family, takes great care of his cars, can't stand to be in the room if there is a close game on TV, is a huge romantic, likes to golf, gives great advice (he is a clinical psychologist after all), worries too much, plays too little, but he loves over the top.
And do you remember when...
We were all crammed into the Taurus, driving through Paige AZ, and mom had to pee really bad? You and Ronnie started talking about water falls and rivers, you drove really slow, and then, when you finally stopped for her at a gas station, after she got out of the car you started singing along with the song on the radio "I hope you dance."
You had us drop you off in the middle of the woods in MD for your "secret mission" and we had to turn off our lights for them to open the gate, get you out of the car, and drive away before they took you in?
You wore your sponge bob square pants pajamas just because mom and Bethie got them for you, even though they aren't really "your style"?
You drove with us for four days across country with our Ryder truck and little Harrison Ford following behind? Then you drove back with us again. (well, with Ronnie, I flew back!)
Just after Ronnie and I were married you asked me for a hug, then whispered into my ear "how did I get so lucky to have a daughter like you?" Well, I just want to say, I am the lucky one!
We love you Dad, Happy Birthday!

If any of you have had the pleasure to meet Mr. Ronald Karl Chapman, you will know what I mean when I say he is one of the most humble, hard working, and gentle human beings I know. Ronnie looks up to his dad in many ways, but mostly, he feels that his dad defines the word integrity. I happen to agree, and if you ever get the opportunity to meet him, you will too.
I felt that sometimes, Dad C gets a little left out. He is quiet and doesn't like the spotlight on him. But please, just for a minute, let me brag a little about my wonderful father in law...
Here are just a few of the reasons why I love him so...
And do you remember when...
We were all crammed into the Taurus, driving through Paige AZ, and mom had to pee really bad? You and Ronnie started talking about water falls and rivers, you drove really slow, and then, when you finally stopped for her at a gas station, after she got out of the car you started singing along with the song on the radio "I hope you dance."
You wore your sponge bob square pants pajamas just because mom and Bethie got them for you, even though they aren't really "your style"?
You drove with us for four days across country with our Ryder truck and little Harrison Ford following behind? Then you drove back with us again. (well, with Ronnie, I flew back!)
Just after Ronnie and I were married you asked me for a hug, then whispered into my ear "how did I get so lucky to have a daughter like you?" Well, I just want to say, I am the lucky one!
We love you Dad, Happy Birthday!
5 comments:
What a sweet tribute to your father-in-law! I have to admit I'm a little jealous, but how neat to have someone you (and Ronnie) look up to so much. Looks like you guys have been having tons of fun, we'll have to get together soon!
That was so sweet Jodee. You can tell how much you love your father-in-law.
You are lucky to have such a great father-in-law. What a darling tribute to him!
What a sweet tribute! I'm glad you have such a wonderful father-in-law. Great in-laws are the best!
Awwww, you do realize how lucky you are to have such great in-laws, don't you? I guess it helps when they've got such a wonderful daughter-in-law :)
Post a Comment