Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend


We drove down to my parents house in Oregon for Easter. It is so nice to be close enough to them that we can hop down for the weekend. It only took 5.5 hours on the way there (with a little snow and a detour) and 5.5 on the way back- not too bad. Madison was still feeling really miserable before we left so I took them to the Dr. to make sure it wasn't more than a cold. It wasn't, but we were sent home with a prescription for Beckham just in case his cold turned into an ear infection. Luckily, it didn't. The Dr. said that she has seen a nasty virus go around lately, fever for a week, runny nose, cough, watery eyes, you name it, Maddie had it. She managed to have a little fun, and was feeling much better by Sunday morning.

Here are a few of the highlights...
- Shopping with Nana, always a treat
- Ronnie and my dad went golfing Saturday
- Dyed Easter eggs
- played games, cooked, and chatted with G. Gram, Nana, Papa, and kids
- went to a community Easter egg hunt where Bex came home with 3 eggs and Madison came home with zero! (I knew I never liked things like that; too many kids, too many pushy parents, and too many tears) Luckily Madison wasn't feeling well in the first place so she really didn't even care when the mob of kids rushed past her clawing their way for the plastic candy filled eggs. She sort of walked along, a little dazed, and then said "where did all the eggs go mom?" I looked around, saw an empty grassy field, many kids crying, and a few smiling kids with about 30 eggs in their baskets- Nice! That was our very first, and very last, community egg hunt!
- Easter Day filled with yummy brunch, Easter egg hunt in the front yard, Easter baskets, new scooters from mom and dad, and family time.

Thanks mom and dad for a great weekend. I really really hope we didn't get you sick, have fun in Hawaii! I will now work on my "papa weaning", it takes about a week to get Beckham back to normal after a visit with Nana and Papa. Bex is literally wrapped around my dad's finger. He will sit on his lap or be held by him forever, just content to sit, suck his fingers and be held by his papa. When my dad and Ronnie came home from golfing, Ronnie walked in the door and got some smiles from the kids, when papa walked in the door, Beckham jumped up, ran around the corner, and squealed with delight upon hearing my dad's voice. Usually the type of welcome Ronnie receives upon returning home. Not this time, he is chopped liver compared to papa, we all are!

Now I am off to take a nap, Madison passed her cold onto her little brother and me! I am trying to ignore the unpacked suitcases, empty fridge, pile of laundry, and list of chores. I am just in survival mode; making sure the kids are dressed, fed, and still alive till Ronnie gets home! Hurry honey, Hurry!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Looks like so much fun! Next year you should come to the MV egg hunt, there were thousands of eggs, leaving plenty for the slower kids. We have been missing you guys, we'll have to do something fun once we get into our new house!

Rachel said...

We had that nasty virus at our house. I hope the kids are feeling better. Looks like a fun easter!

Sam and Josh said...

Don't you just love all things we get to do with our kids. It is never ending. Looks like you guys had a fun Easter.

Liz said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Madison is looking so much older to me in these pictures! We miss you guys!

Janessa said...

We got sick right before vacation too. No fun! I'm glad you were able to still enjoy your trip. Hope you get feeling better soon!

foreveryoung said...

Bummer that you're sick, wish I could be there to help out! What a fun Easter weekend (besides the crappy egg hunt), I'm glad you're taking advantage of being close to your parents. There's something about Papas, it's the cutest thing to see them so attached. Hope you feel better soon and good luck playing catch up!