Monday, March 24, 2008

Those silly Leprechauns!




Last year Madison came home from school on St. Patrick's Day and told me that the Leprechauns had gone to their class room and messed everything up while they were at recess. I decided to carry the fun over to home- (read last years post here.) Anyway, this year they found her again in WA and decided to mess up her bedroom and then left another magical surprise for her. She loved it! She was sick as a dog but still managed to have a little fun. They turned all her dolls upside down, took out her puppies and lined them up backwards on the book case, turned her pictures and notes upside down on her bulletin board, made her bed with the sheet on top and comforter underneath and much much more. The pictures below are of the note they left her and the two toys they have given her (last year was the unicorn, and this year was the Pegasus.)

I love holidays so much more as a mom than I even did as a kid. I love to see her face light up with delight, her eyes get very curious, and her little head try and wrap itself around the magic of it all.

3 comments:

Liz said...

You are such a great mom! What lucky kids! :-)

Janessa said...

You are so cute! I totally need to steal some of your fun ideas. I never really do much more then add green food coloring to whatever it is I'm making for dinner on St Patrick's Day. You're so creative!

foreveryoung said...

I love it! I remember after reading your post last year that I totally wanted to do it this year, but of course I forgot. You need to remind me of these things in advance! I agree, holidays are so much more fun when you have kids. I just need to start being more creative, I seem to get stuck in the same old ruts. You've inspired me to think outside the box :) Hopefully it's not too late to start this tradition next year and that my kids don't feel jipped that the leprachauns forgot that they existed the previous years!