Tag, I'm it!
A- The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B- Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C- At the end of the post, the player then tags 3 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
The questions:
10 years ago...
5 things on my to-do list today
5 Snacks I enjoy
What I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire
3 of my bad habits
5 places I have lived
5 jobs that I have had
5 Things people don't know about me
So I have been "tagged" by Marisa to provide answers to the above questions. So, here it goes...
10 years ago-
I was a freshman at BYU, getting ready to end my semester and go home to Oregon for the summer. I had spent one quarter at the University of Utah; getting to know my floor mates, travelling back and fourth between Salt Lake and Provo, dancing at The Bay, not loving my major, feeling like I was still in HS classes, and disliking just about every teacher I had. I finally relented and, as my husband says, "I saw the light" and transferred to BYU. There, I quickly became acquainted with DT, the commons rooms (where I lived with 3 other girls and no windows), visiting hours, the cougar eat, the SWKT, HBLL, SFLC, ESC, and many other acronyms, Rout Y, the creamery, and of course, dining plus! I learned to add and drop classes like a pro, navigate the testing center, and figure out what direction I needed to go by looking for the huge mountains. At this moment, I was probably on the hunt for an "off campus" apartment to secure for the fall with Heather, Star, and the mystery roommate! I had an amazing time meeting great people, and learning a lot about myself.
5 things on my to do list today:
(I wish there were only 5!)
(I wish there were only 5!)
1- plan my meals for the week and make a grocery list
2- organize the spare bedroom closet
3- do the dishes (again)
4- get Madison some new shoes
5- find the bottom of the laundry basket
5 snacks I enjoy
1- any kind of fruit
2- Trader Joe's Tortilla Chips With an Identity Crisis (yes, that is really their name, and they are so good!)
3- raw sugar snap peas in a pod
4- Jo-Jo's (TJ's version of an Oreo, but better)
5- pita chips and hummus
What I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire:
Pay off Ronnie's MBA student loans, buy my dad his Camaro back that he sold when I went away to college (or maybe a 67' mustang he's always wanted), let my mom stop working so they can retire for real! Set aside a BUNCH for kid's college fund. Help family and friends who need it, and then take them on lots of fun vacations all over the world! Start Casas Para Catrachos with Ronnie and feed, clothe, educate, heal, and give homes to as many people as I possibly can. Let Ronnie invest it any crazy risky way he wishes so we can do even more!
Three of my bad habits:
1- I bite my nails (gross, I know!)
2- I leave half empty cups of water around the house
3- jeans- enough said
5 places I have lived
(again, I wish it was only 5)
1- Cottage Grove and Eugene, OR
2- SLC, Provo, and Saratoga Springs, UT
3- Owings Mills, MD
4- Menlo Park and Belmont, CA
5- Issaquah, WA
5 jobs that I have had
1- Merchandising for Copeland Sports
2- Management Intern at Target
3- Program Manager for a non profit organization in Baltimore, MD
4- Pilates Instructor
5- Mom
5 things people don't know about me:
1- I don't sweat (literally)
2- My right knee cap dislocates really easily
3- I secretly want to see what I would look like bald, but don't have the courage to do it
4- I was the prom queen
5- After my kids are in school, I want to get a nursing degree
There, that was fun, I tag Heather, Liz, and Carson- your it!
8 comments:
Are you tagging me?? The Heather Waite who can't keep up with posting if my life depenced on it? Anyway, I'll do it when you leave your comment on my page like the rules say!! Then I'll post picures of my BEAUTiful new house too! :)
Yep, that's right! I thought I would give you something to post about- your beautiful self!
That's my Jod! I love the "dancing at the Bay" and all the BYU lingo that I haven't heard in forever. I even learned a few new things about you, like the Target job. I'm sure you took full advantage of the discount! Your ambitions of what you would do with a million dollars doesn't surprise me at all, you have a heart of gold! I was however surprised to see that some form of a cookie snuck it's way onto your snack list! I'm sure it's some organic sugar free type, but it's a cookie nonetheless! You crack me up, if only I could eat as healthy as you....
You were the prom queen? That's awesome!
thanks for forcing me to catch up. you know i couldn't just write about ME after it had been soooo long since my last post! i will try to this tonight...or tomorrow? i miss you tons!
Is Issaquah where you live now? My brother & his fam (6 kids) just took a job w/ microsoft and they're relocating there in May. They're looking at Issaquah and Lake Samammish area. Cool!!!
Fun reading about you. I want to be a nurse after my kids "grow up" too. I wished we had crossed paths too, I think I was in primary when you weren't and then you went in when I went out.
That was fun to read through. You are such a neat person. I so wish we lived close enough to hang out and get to know each other for real instead of just as blogging buddies. I guess we'll take what we can get though. (Hey, would blogging buddies be invited to go on cool trips with you if you became a billionaire? :)
Post a Comment