Salmon Days
October kicked off with a visit from our Rosa for General Conference and a trip to the local Salmon Days. It was a bit cold and threatened to rain but that didn't stop us. We met a few friends there and toured our way around the festivities. Salmon Days celebrates the return of spawning salmon back to Issaquah. It is quite the site to see those big ugly fish try and make their way up that shallow stream. The festival also includes a parade, lots of food and crafts, kids rides and play area, and local artists displaying their talents. This was our first year out there but definitely wont be the last. It was also a memorable day for us because this was the day we found out I was expecting!
They went horseback riding and on every singe bouncy house and slide while I stood in line for an hour so she could do this...
I didn't think it was going to be worth it but when I saw the look on her face after she did 5 or 6 back flips in a row, it was all worth it!
There wasn't any more room in the train so Mike "bummed" a ride on the outside
No comments:
Post a Comment