December happenings
We geared up for the holidays by attending a few great Christmas parties, hosting one, going to get our tree, decorating the house, making a few treats for friends and neighbors, and not stepping foot in a single mall!!! I really love the holidays but get pretty bummed when the preparation of it all takes over. This year I made a goal to simplify our more material Christmas and focus more on the true meaning of Christmas. Our 12 days of service really helped with that and we were able to focus a little more on the savior and the joy of this season.
We found a great local tree farm and set out to pick the perfect one. I am so grateful for my willing husband who works so hard each year to please me with my real live Christmas tree. I have never had it any different and still don't plan on it. Even though we risk spider infestations, pitchy hands, tipping trees, falling needles and constant battles with the tree stand, he still lets me have my real tree.
We brought it home, stood it up, and made it beautiful. The kids took turns putting the angel on top with daddy. I think it turned out quite nice and it made our house smell wonderful!!! And now, we were ready for our visitors!
2 comments:
Looks like the perfect setting for wonderful Christmas! We haven't done a real tree before - those artifical ones are so convenient. I do see the fun and benifits of a real one though. I think we'll have to give it a try next year. You're so inspiring. Again, great pics! I especially love that last one. It should be on a Christmas card or something:)
You are taking some sweet pictures, Jodee!!!
Post a Comment