Thursday, December 31, 2009

BYU vs. Utah 2009!

As much as he tries to NOT admit it, this was the real reason we schlepped our whole family out to Utah for a short weekend. Sure, he likes to say it was for Thanksgiving but we all know the truth ;)
Luckily it all turned out well and we won! It was actually a pretty boring game for quite a while. Ronnie even told me he had hoped for a closer game. Well, he got his wish when the Utes scored 17 unanswered points in the fourth quarter and then ended up going into overtime! It was one of those nail biting, hand wrenching, hat throwing games that the Cougs so love to give us. But we pulled it off and it was fantastic! I thought that was the end of it but Ronnie had other plans...
I was super tired of standing up for four hours, Bex was asleep for most of the second half, and Madison had enough cheering for one day. After the game ended and Ronnie got those big "please, it would make me so happy to run out on the field with my heroes" look in his eyes, I knew I wouldn't win this battle. I took the freezing cold and cranky kids and drug them back up the hill to the car and waited for the rest of the family like any good (pregnant) wife would do. No complaining, no cursing, and definitely NO snide remarks to the kids when they asked where their dad was and why we were sitting in the car. After a little venting to his parents and regaining feeling in my hands and feet in the warm car, Ronnie returned with an autograph from Andrew George and a huge smile on his face- and I just couldn't be mad anymore.


After the game we headed to the BYU creamery for a late dinner and some ice cream. Ronnie spotted some BYU basketball players and just had to have them take a picture with our kids. They were really nice about it and I was totally thankful that Bex didn't start crying when put in the lap of a very tall stranger!
Michael Loyd Jr., Beckham, Lamont Morgan Jr., Brandon Davies, and Madison
Enjoying some treats with the fam!

6 comments:

Janessa said...

What a fun BYU, I mean Thanksgiving trip! Good thing BYU pulled off a win. You are such a sweet wife to be so supportive of the the BYU addiction. Does Ronnie know how lucky he is?

Ronnie said...

In a word, YES.

Pam said...

I'm so glad he didn't get Max Hall's autograph, that would have totally ruined it for me and I would have lost all respect for my dear nephew :). Will he ever grow up.....I'm thinking....NO. I hope you had him rub your feet or tummy to make it up to you :) Sorry Ronnie, I just gotta say it.......Rise and scream....the Utes are MY team! :) Love ya! Hey, I finally made some blog posts of my own, you should come on over and check it out. There might be a drawing and prize involved.

jhoopes said...

You guys are dedicated. We love that you love BYU so much (and each other!!) :)

Andrea said...

Hey Jody! I just found your blog via Jills! How funny, we were in Utah at the same time and my husband and his grandfather were at the game too :) Small world! Cute blog, by the way!
Andrea

Andrea said...

ack sorry, spelled your name wrong! Jodee :)